ss_blog_claim=0ee3c21bd89a395a531a0cad584a9549

Friday, September 14, 2007

The Cybils are Back!

Any kid-lit bloggers out there? The Cybils are gearing up for another round of judging and need bloggers to serve on selection panels and as judges. This is a great organization and worthy of your time, if you feel so inclined. Last year I was fortunate enough to be selected as a judge in the picture book (fiction) category and was delighted when one of my favourite books (Scaredy Squirrel by Melanie Watt) came out on top. I've applied again this year and my fingers are crossed that I'll be selected: the discussion about the nominated books was great, the mix of books was interesting (included a couple I had never even heard of), and my fellow judges not just knowledgeable and passionate about the subject, but lots of fun, too. So, if you have a little time and if you are a kid-lit blogger (or if you know someone who is), head on over to http://dadtalk.typepad.com/cybils/ for more information.

No comments: